3. SCAI Innovations Konferenz
Januar 31 @ 10:30 am - 5:00 pmCHF450
10. 30 Uhr
Gabrielle Nater-Bass, Partner, HOMBURGER Zurich, Switzerland; President of the SCAI Arbitration Court
Diana Akikol, Partner, ABR AVOCATS, Geneva, Switzerland
Alexandra Johnson, Partner, BÄR & KARRER LTD, Geneva, Switzerland
The ideal arbitrator – how to make the selection
- What are the (new) skills that parties look for in an arbitrator?
- Diversity: the new selection dogma?
- Is it time to do away with unilateral appointments?
- Data-based arbitrator selection: a blessing or a curse?
- Standards of disclosure: going far enough or too far?
Discussion: the arbitrator selection – a need for innovation?
Moderator: Christoph Brunner, Partner, PETER & PARTNERS, Bern, Switzerland; Member of the SCAI Arbitration Court
Peter Hostansky, Managing Counsel, HUNTSMAN CORPORATION, Basel, Switzerland
Marie Berard, Partner, CLIFFORD CHANCE, London, UK
Utku Coşar, Partner, COŞAR AVUKATLIK BÜROSU, Istanbul, Turkey
Urs Weber-Stecher, Partner, WENGER & VIELI, Zurich, Switzerland; Member of the SCAI Arbitration Court
The efficient and robust arbitrator
- The „judicialization“ of arbitration: should we make arbitration „simpler“ again?
- Do we need more pro-active arbitrators (see the proposed Prague Rules)?
- „Due process paranoia“ and how to deal with it?
- New technologies for arbitrators?
Discussion: does innovation mean going back to the roots of arbitration?
Moderator: Michael Lazopoulos, Partner, LUSTENBERGER, Zurich, Switzerland
Dorleta Vicente, Legal Counsel, REPSOL, Madrid, Spain
James H. Boykin, Partner, HUGHES HUBBARD & REED, Washington D.C., USA
Andrey Panov, Senior Associate, NORTON ROSE FULBRIGHT, Moscow, Russia
Anna Masser, Partner, JONES DAY, Frankfurt, Germany
An intergenerational panel of arbitrators exchanges ideas and thoughts on the preceding discussions with the participants
Moderator: Noradèle Radjai, Partner, LALIVE, Geneva, Switzerland
Paolo Michele Patocchi, Partner, PATOCCHI & MARZOLINI, Geneva, Switzerland
Deva Villanúa, Partner, ARMESTO & ASOCIADOS, Madrid, Spain
Nathalie Voser, Partner, SCHELLENBERG WITTMER LTD, Zurich, Switzerland
Roland Ziadé, Partner, LINKLATERS, Paris, France
Joint Recording of Conclusions
Sandra De Vito Bieri, Partner, BRATSCHI, Zurich, Switzerland; Member of the SCAI Arbitration Court
Simon Gabriel, Partner, GABRIEL ARBITRATION, Zurich, Switzerland
Vincent Subilia, Deputy Director General, CCIG, Geneva, Switzerland; Member of the SCAI Board
Caroline Ming, SCAI Executive Director, Geneva, Switzerland